Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid aircraft serial number location

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know where avid placed a serial number? I believe i have a model "A" plane....

Posted

Don't think you will find a serial # anywhere on the plane.  It is an A model though.  Welded in motor mount, shape of the door, 36" wide fuselage at the top of the seat, all would be different on a B or later models.  JImChuk

Posted

The builder determines the serial number and it should be on the data plate.  The kit serial number is nowhere on the parts. 

Mark

Posted

I think Kitfox put the SN on the kit bill of sale, packing list, etc., which you may not have.  Congrats on joining "AK Avids".  EDMO

Posted

Mark makes a good point about the data plate.  Usually the builder used the kit serial # for the serial # of the plane.   Do you have the data plate? Or the N # for that matter, if it's still registered, the serial # will be on the FAA website data for your plane.  JImChuk

Posted

On each of the four KF I've owned (2 kits, 2 built), all had the kit manufacturer's kit s/n on the original invoice and related paperwork. Only the 4-1200 fuselage had the kit s/n stamped on it. My Avid Mk-IV and Avid+ also show the kit s/n on the invoice but did not have fuselage stamped. I agree most register using the kit number and builder name as plane manufacturer so the data plate or FAA registry may hold a clue. Too bad Brett is M.I.A., he has the old Avid sales records and could probably answer the question.

1 person likes this

Posted

no data plate. purchased in the bones. no worries though. will give it my own number.....