Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weekend Mods

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Raining weekend so finally got some mods done on the bird.  Added a heater (the Y pipes recommended work great).  Nice to feel heat coming out now in the cabin.  Not the best looking unit, but very functional. Also added a Belite angle of attack indicator.  Now just need to get her up and calibrated.

DSCN5226.JPG

DSCN5227.JPG

DSCN5229.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Larry,  Where did I see that kind of heater advertised?  Does it have an internal fan?  How much does it weigh?  BTUs?  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Was wondering where u found the sweet little heater in ur plane at? Been a chilly winter here and thats an upgrade i need so can enjoy mine more next winter. Does it have a blower fan? 

Posted (edited)

Was wondering where u found the sweet little heater in ur plane at? Been a chilly winter here and thats an upgrade i need so can enjoy mine more next winter. Does it have a blower fan? 

If you can stand to add 13 lbs under the IP, or mount this under or behind seats, then I have a new-in-box Danhart dual blower hot water heater with defrosters that is supposed to run you out of a ragtop jeep.  Got $200 in it, but think they are about twice that high now.  Oh, but this might draw too much power for the 2-smokes!  Sorry!  Now I am wondering if I could take one heavy blower motor off of it, or just take both off and use the light weight low-draw fan?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this