Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Arlington 2016

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Last years response to the Arlington Fly-In was a bit weak but I thought I would ask if there were any KitFox or Avid folks in the Pacific Northwest planning to attend the Arlington Fly-In this year?  The local group of CH-701 guys are planning to show up in force and I may join them in my Avid Flyer.  It would be neat if there were a few Avids or KitFoxes there as well.

MarkD

Posted

It appears, as has happened so many times, that the weather may play a big part in limiting the attendance at the Arlington, Wa. Fly-In. The weather forecast for this weekend does  not look good for recreational flying. Bummer.

MarkD 

Posted

Weather looks terrible for the whole week. Sucks for the vendors.

Posted

Yup, Was pretty much marginal VFR this last weekend.  I chose to not attempt to fly over water with limited visibility and low cloud cover.  The weather lifted some in the afternoons but I was already doing something else.  Oh well maybe next year will be better.

MarkD

Posted

There was not one KF or AVID on the field that I saw.   There were 3 or 4 Zeniths and a Just Aircraft Hilander, and the Rocky Mountain brought up there S7 and there was a Rans S-6ES too.

Charlie

Posted

The last few years has been somewhat disappointing as far as a Fly-In airshow.  I was very active as a volunteer in the 1998 thru 2004 airshows but kinda went other directions since.  It appears from the website that maybe the EAA is no longer much involved there?  The ultralight community seems to have dissipated significantly also.  Oh well there are always other places to fly and things to do.

MarkD