Yamaha RX1 Engines

562 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone make an rx1 motor mount for mk iv to sell? 

Posted

There's a guy in ND that could help with that.  Not sure where you are located?

Posted

I'm in louisville ky. 

Posted

I'm in louisville ky. 

The fella in ND is William Langford.  He has made up some FWF components for the Yamaha that fit the KF 4-7 and has offered to help with custom engine mounts.

Problem there for you obviously is about 1000 miles!

But dont be too intimidated with making your own custom mount.  I had not done it before and (with some help and a lot of time) was able to tackle it:

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/5345-yamaha-genesis-rx-1-install-in-kitfox-5/&page=2

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Yamma. I had Jim send the Apex to William. He's working on an engine mount, exhaust and other components for me now. Ian is doing the harness.

1 person likes this

Posted

When making the mount for an Apex engine how do you figure the thrust angle? Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

I am running at 257F which is a little on the warm side.

I am running at 257F which is a little on the warm side.

These numbers are derived from the factory RX1 4 cyl. Service Manual and provided by several ppl who currently fly RX1's in their aircraft.

FW, Gyro's, and all manner of craft. (Airboats as an example.)

ENGINE OIL PRESSURE: ~ 65 psi 50 kPa (0.5 kg / cm2, 7.1 psi) at 1,450 r / min

ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE: 180-200 DEGREES (NORMAL)  Green
                                                   205-220 DEGREES (CAUTION) Yellow
                                                   225-230 DEGREES (HOT)          Red

Edited by Wolverine

Posted

Dear all,

Im just on my way to build an ASSO XRAY (wood air plane) from planes comes up to Guiseppe Vidor (Italy), its an side by side airplane and Im looks around for an engine that will fit to the airplane. Please see in the attachment the airplane when it is finished. So I just get in touch with your solution, to use an Yamaha RX1 Engine coming up from a snow mobile, but here in Germany this kind of toy is rare. So i hope will catch up some solution from your engine that is still running.

Best regards Maxi 

52960043_2304040259608637_3164796843045421056_n.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

This looks very much like a sequoia Falco aircraft....beautiful

Posted

My latest project, an Apex.

IMG_1151.JPG

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I am looking for a quality adapter and gearbox for my RX1. Ideally, I would buy a system from Teal, but the supply may be a little slim right now. I need something that is proven to be reliable as my children’s lives are the most important, and I do not want to be a widower. Please make recommendations that you know to be reliable and robust. Thank you. 

Edited by Supermotive
Changed content

Posted

I accidentally came across this post... wow RX-1 engine in aircraft, how about I give you another idea:

Yamaha MR-1 Engine (same engine as in snowmobile)  can be found in most yamaha jetski's 2002-2008 yamaha FX or even VX and V1 2004-2015, also AR/SX Yamaha boats

Already has reduction gear, dry sump oil system, water cooled oil tank, 160hp, you just have to come up with some kind of water pump for cooling.

What do you all think?