Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flaperon bearing pics

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have pics of their flaperon bearings or the schematics from the build manual. I just want to be sure I'm proceeding correctly . Thank you Rusty

Posted

i can go snap a few pics of mine what exactly do you need

Posted

Hi t jay I'm looking for some pics of the bearing mounted to the fuselage . I'm missing this section of the manual. Thanks for the help

Posted (edited)

JBird,

What model? I have 1 and 4 manuals and can post a page - is this the nylon material that is on the fuselage and turtledeck?

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Hi Ed you are correct its the nylon that is attached to the fuselage and turtledeck . I have a mk4 thanks

Posted (edited)

post-399-0-98051400-1441247915_thumb.jpgpost-399-0-83596700-1441247872_thumb.jpgJbird,

Posting 2 pages from manual. I didn't read these, but I remember that the flaperon tube don't enter at 90 degrees, and you need to work the notch with a round file to fit the angle, leaving a little pressure on the tube from the bottom bearing.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

If you need the one from the Avid manual, let me know. I have a manual handy. Come to think of it, isn't there an Avid build manual in the files section of this site? Jim Chuk

Posted

Thanks for the replays . Does kitfox and avid use the same method for mounting these bearings ? Also if they are different is one better than the other.

Thanks again

Posted (edited)

I don't know about Avid, but the KF 1-3 were solid mounted, and there was clearance problems when folding - KF4 put the lower bearing on a hinge, so it would fold out of the way.

These Roman numbers keep me confused - I never know if someone is talking about an Avid MkIV, or a KFIV, so I use "HuhMerican numbers" for Kitfoxes, like 1,2,3,4,5!

Avid used A,B,C, and then IV - Couldn't they spell "D" :huh:, or were they reading Kitfox reports?

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I think Avid's design is like the Kitfox 1, 2, and 3. After all, Kitfox started out as a copy of the Avid. Jim Chuk

Posted

I plan to use thicker nylon than Kitfox shows.

I put the hinges on mine too.

Whatever Works!

EdMO

Posted

Here is how I did mine, Kind of a stupid design if you ask me but It should work.

post-999-0-18981000-1441280845_thumb.jpgpost-999-0-35613400-1441280856_thumb.jpg

Posted

You can always cut down most of the forward end of the lower bearing if you need more clearance for folding.

EdMO