Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Portable STOL machine

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Welllllllllllll I received an email from an old Powered Parachute guy I used to fly with back in 07-09 that was addressed to a bunch of us about a couple of these things for sale. I owned a single seat one from 03-09. My wife went up in the backseat with an instructor back in 07 and loved it and occasionally mentioned that we needed to get one. The prices were too much though to justify buying one. The price was right on this one so I jumped on it today. Total impulse buy  :wtf:  My wife is more excited than I am which is a very good thing.  Have room in the hangar for it so what the hell.....

N numbered E-LSA Six Chuter SR-7XL

Blue head 582 B box Powerfin prop

Performance Designs 500 sq ft canopy

Modded for dual controls (very rare and custom)

Radio, GPS, Intercom, EIS, Helmets with Comm

Trailer and Covers

Cruises at 28 mph...true low and slow. Lots of fun if you've never flown in one. They don't handle wind but on a calm clear morning it's hard to have much more fun than chasing a coyote 3 feet from him or dragging your feet thru corn stalks. Super easy to fly and very relaxing. 

post-40-0-05994900-1438315289_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

A flying trailer with wig-wag lights on the nose!  You could put those on your plane!!! 

trailers cant fly at night anyway.

Congrats Joey - Have a good flight.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Kind of Ironic that we were just talking about those lights eh Ed. As far as Powered Parachutes go this thing is loaded. It's the only one I've ever seen that has full dual controls. The owner had health issues and the only way his wife would fly with him is if he taught her the basics and she had the ability to land it if something happened to him so he made it happen.

Posted (edited)

Real Kool Joey - Now you can be an instructor - and your wife can beat your head for telling her she isn't doing it right!

You better sit in the back seat!

Have a nice trip and we will talk when you get back.

EdMO

Are those LED lights?  582 pulls them OK....

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Electrical load is Nil on this thing. Besides the lights...radio, gps, eis, and strobe power supply is it.

Posted (edited)

Why a GPS at 28 mph?  You can keep your house in sight for each flight...Guess it is a little hard to read paper charts or road maps while flying a trailer?

EdMO

BTW:  Welcome to the nose-dragger minority!    Got any pink shirts? :lol:

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Nice score Joey, high WAF (wife acceptance factor  :) ) is always good!

BTW, there were a bunch of PPC's *attempting* to fly from the UL runway early in the week at OSH. Very windy = very entertaining! :lmao:

Posted

good purchase ,ive wanted to try a ppc but my wife wont let me .go figure

Posted

Mike,

Your wife knows a ppc is too slow to get out of the way of those wild Avid Drivers with Blimp Tires!  :lol:

EdMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like a sexy machine. You're one step closer to ppg! ;) Sorry, every sport has its bit of rivalry...

Mark

Posted (edited)

Joey,

Sorry to say, You have been "one-upped' with your flying trailer!

This 2 person "Polaris Flying boat and trailer with 582" is on ebay Experimentals - I tried to get a photo of it flying with the wings showing, but it don't copy.   Sort of like a PPC on Floats!  :lol:

EdMo

post-399-0-47412500-1438918481.jpg

Edited by Ed In Missouri