Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 amp WIND GENERATOR ON EBAY AVIATION PARTS

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That's all I know - Look it up.  Listed as Genipod # 391 191 518 276

I do know that they are not cheap as new - Wonder if replacement blades are available?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thats the one.. this should work for me, thanks for posting it up Ed.  They are 250 new but I had not seen these before.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Leni,

Hope you get it and hope new blades are available - It looks like Quality-Made.

The first thought I had was that it would work on the J3 without an electrical system, but wondered how you could add it to an electrical system like Rotax and regulate it so you don't burn your battery up :huh:

Now I see that it has its own regulator...and uses junkyard blades -  KOOL!

EDMo

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Its just an electric radiator fan with cut down fan blades.. you can buy them new from a parts house for 50 bucks, then you have to figure out the voltage regulator and play with the fan blade length to get your target voltage and cruise speed.  Basically the same thing I did with the RC stater motor and prop, I played with prop pitches and length till I got it right, but then the darn motor went out as it was a bushed motor and did not have thrust bearings.  If I dont get the one on Ebay I will just get one from the local NAPA avaiation section and play with it.

:BC:

Posted

We all continue to learn - probably, the 1133 other minds on here are sharper than mine!  Glad my post helped.

EDMO

Posted

Come on Ed. ALL your posts are of some value!

I find value in nearly every post here, even if its humor.

1 person likes this