Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Supereyes borescope

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Awhile back someone posted where this small borescope (endoscope) could be bought.

I bought one and it works great, and I want another for a gift but don't, can't, fins the post.

Can anyone point me to the address?

Posted (edited)

Ak Bob,

I tried to look in old posts, but didn't find anything on borescopes.    I was hoping someone would post the info you wanted.

I haven't tried these, but Harbor Freight has the cheapest one I have seen - $70 on sale to $130 depending on the ad - think it is color and it says camera?  Part # 61839 and 62359.    I thought I had seen a cheaper one, but cant find it today.

Hope this helps.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have a cheap one from OReiley's.  Not worth the $80 I paid for it.  With these bore scopes you really get what you pay for...

Like a Harbor Freight ratchet.  It works, but if you ever use a good ratchet (Snap-On or Mac) you will never use another HF pos...

Posted

After buying a Snap-On, you cant afford another tool..........

EDMO

Posted

Bob - search for eBay item number: 400488806364

Posted

Thanks Doug, called it up and got one ordered.

Posted

I would like to buy one, but probably couldn't learn how to program or use it.

Looks impressive tho.

EDMO

Posted

I bought a 7 mm wide and 5 m long USB endoscope with LED lighting at the front of the camera via eBay from some company in HongKong and I got it two weeks later via ordinary mail to Sweden. I have  also ordered some crimp tools for coax wires and D-sub pins and it has worked great. I have always received the goods and been surprised of the prices. The payment were made via PayPal. 

The endoscope was very easy to use, after the CD software was installed, all I had to do was to plug it to the computer and start using it. The software stared automatically on the computer when the USB was plugged in. The intention is to use it to inspect the inside of a broken longeron for corrosion. The plan is first to clean the longeron with the type of steel brush that is used for rifles with an extra extension, push the camera inside, take pictures every 4 inches and take notes on a paper in parallel. Then I can study the pictures thoroughly afterwards and depending on the results, possibly inspect some places closer a second time. 

Ulf