Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rans Coyote II

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been helping a friend finish up his S-6 project and must say that when I ran the W/B through my spreadsheet it was very impressive.  No matter how you load that plane the W/B stays pretty much in the center of the range.  It will be interesting to see how it flies.

Posted

You will be very disappointed with it compared to your Avid.  It handles like a slug-- or a Cub or Champ.  Slow and sloppy on the controls.  S7 and Highlander are similar, too.  

Don't get me wrong, they are a capable planes, but once you fly an Avid or 'Fox, you're spoiled to their handling.

Posted

I sure do like my little Avid, tons of fun to fly and very responsive. 

Posted

I had one ride in an S6 years ago.  It had a 582 in it.  It flew about 65 MPH, where the Avid will do about 75 at the same RPM.  It was a good bit wider inside though.  Visibility was better in the Avid, seemed like the nose was real high in the Rans in flight.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Jim,

If you like visibility,  hope you get to ride in Foxy Flapper some day - don't know where the tail will be, but the pilot sits about 12 or 10 inches higher than the Kitfox with fiberglass seats.   I hate being old and short and laying down in a plane!  Hard enough for an old pilot to get in and out without adding reclining seats to fall into and to get out of.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri