Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jabiru 3300 in Fat Avid

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As Randy says, these engines are easy to overhaul, and I will add - parts are cheap and available - Nothing like a "Certified" engine for parts costs.

Reductions produced redrives with the lower support bearing, and some without - mine does not have the lower support, like this one, but I have adjustment screws on top for belt tension and alignment, but did not notice if this one does or not.

Bottom line - good price - and this could be an RFI, as it looks like Chevy AC cores for cheek radiators.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Re: the Subaru EA81 It's on its way. I called Yellow Freight and they will bring it from Lafyette La. to Uxbridge for less than 500 bucks. The owner takes Pay Pal, which is just too convenient. I'll post more pics and info when it arrives. Thanks to all again for the help on this.

Posted

Good move!  When you get it we can help you figure out maybe what you have and if you have any problems, what to do.

Congratulations, future Soob Flyer!

EDMO

Posted

the same reduction unit is on a 601 that just hit bstormers,id call the guy ask him how he likes it and more importantly any tips or tricks for that unit.after you get it installed and flying its defenitly money well spent for a dynamic balance ,shop did mine for 195.00.congrats on you fwf also!!

Posted

Now tell this old man, what in heck is a 601.....

EdMO

Posted

Zenith 601 .there is a red one under light sport .just happens to have the same redrive that banjo just bought

Posted (edited)

Ha Ha - You got me good there - I thought 601 was an engine - could not imagine a 2 cycle with same redrive - never thought about a Zenith with a Soob in it!   :lol:  Must have forgotten to take my memory pill this morning, or was that yesterday?

EdMO

BTW:  Regarding the comment that early Avids and Kitfoxes 1-4 are not long enough for the Soob engine - I extended my "Foxy" leading edges 4 inches, and my tailfeathers by 12 inches - Think that is enough to make a 15 inch stretch for the Soob?  Guess we will find out someday!

EDMO

Well, I think I wrote this in the wrong post - guess I am officially senile!  Where did I put those memory pills - I keep forgetting........

Edited by Ed In Missouri