FAT? / HIGHLANDER COPY? FUSELAGE - VERY CHEAP

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I HAVE, A FUSELAGE, amateur-built, which is 48 inches wide at elbows, and the lower longerons are 17 feet long - This was built by SkyPirate, and you might contact him for more info.

This fuselage is 95% welded, but needs a few more welds in cockpit area - most is OK, but some surface rust starting in cockpit area.

I will try to post photo, but may have to try again if anyone interested.

Located about 25 miles south of St. Louis, Missouri down I-55.

Send me a PM if interested.

Maybe this is more of a Magnum?

EDMO

post-399-0-27138700-1386227088_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Randy,

Your wish came true - The fuselage came out of the shop today and is covered by my Alaskan Blue Tarp - Wife has not seen it yet, but I am sure to hear about it when she gets outside.   I promised her it would be gone by summer.   :lol:  Now I can go back to working on the 2nd wing mods.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Someone has got to take that off your hands!  I hate to see it get cut up for scrap.  I would hang it from the truss of my hanger along with my MKIV if it was up here just to look at it... 

I can remeber when I was taking the Arctic Engineering class at UAA, the prof was a pilot and he said Alaska was saved by the invention of the blue tarp.

Edited by SuberAvid

Posted (edited)

Randy,

I have two EAA chapters that I can contact to sell this fuselage, and as last resort, ebay or craigslist. 

Blue tarp looks fine to me - reminds me of my boat cover in Alaska!  Just waiting for better weather now.

Thanks,

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed I haven't forgotten about the fuselage, I just have to find a place for it, or maybe buy another blue tarp... I think it would work well for my next project. I'd love to have something slightly larger, but I'm becoming more happy with Pursang as I get it back into shape. I am always needing a good project though. I agree with Randy that someone should pick it up, no one wants to see it scrapped out.

Posted (edited)

Kenneth,

That is why I went 300 miles over some steep rocky roads in the middle of the Missouri Ozarks to salvage this fuselage before the owner of a Kitfox 5 let it rust away - It deserves a better future than I can give it - cheap blue tarp can go with it.... :lol:

The same goes for the Kitfox clone and all the parts I have stored in my shop - Someone could make use of it at a cheap price - I have tried not to part it out and scrap the fuselage, but I may have to do that.

I am almost 73 and if I can finish my Foxy in the next couple of years, then I am done with building, and don't have a lot of flying time left either.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kenneth,

Just woke up and realized that this fuselage might be ideal for the Corvair conversion engine, or one of the larger Subarus.....Just a thought.....and I have a larger rib sample.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I wish I was closer, I would take it off your hands in a heart beat!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I think Kenneth is coming to get it when he gets back with the Pursang.  That would be nice, since he is close enough for me to look at his progress as he builds it.

Now, if someone would buy the Kitfox clone and parts, I might have room in the shop to turn around without bumping into parts!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Is this Fuse still around?  Also how about that fox clone and parts?  I know it's a 30 year old thread but what else are we doing.  I would love to find something like this.  A fat fuse to start with would be perfect.  

Posted

Ed hasn't been able to get on the site for a year or more due to health issues.  I do know how to contact him if you want to pursue it.  PM me if you are really serious about it.  JImChuk

Posted

Jim, 

I would like to know more.

Thanks

Posted

Jim, 

I would like to know more.

Thanks

I sent you a PM.   JImChuk

Posted

Ed hasn't been able to get on the site for a year or more due to health issues.  I do know how to contact him if you want to pursue it.  PM me if you are really serious about it.  JImChuk

Yes I would like to know more as I brought the thread back.  

Posted

I think a 5 hour drive to st louie the gateway to the west would be a noble week end adventure