Kitfox Model IV - 1050 Prooject

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Kitfox Model IV - 1050 Project for sale. 375 hrs TTAF, approx. 213 hrs SMOH on Rotax 582 grey head. I bought this airplane last summer, but it was damaged in transport while I was bringing it home on a trailer. It needs some work before it is airworthy. Needs new fabric, and the longerons on the top of the fuselage behind the turtledeck need to be straightened. I also have a new molded windshield and clear bubble doors from LP Aero and a new clear lexan turtledeck from Kitfox. Has Grove spring gear, tundra tires and skis. Has dual 13 gallon wing tanks. Registered as an Advanced Ultralight (AULA) in Canada. • Contact Randy Engler, Owner - located Sylvan Lake, AB Canada • Telephone: 403-896-0551 Email:rengler@live.ca - will consider trading up to a flying aircraft.

20130507_163119_zps64962d25.jpg

20130507_163140_zps98bc85bf.jpg

20130507_163319_zpsba801c5d.jpg

20130507_163401_zps6c5ef492.jpg

20130507_163432_zps4848ca01.jpg

Posted

What are you asking for it?

Posted

That is an easy fix... under a week to have it in the air and flying Randy.

:BC:

Posted

Yes, asking $7500, at the rate I work it will take me a lot more than a week to fix, it really needs a complete fabric job. I spend most of my time away from home, and the time I do have I would rather be flying than working on a plane. Also looking for a plane with a 912 on it.

Posted

Sold it.

Posted

Dang! That was fast! You oilfield trash like me?

Posted

Yep I work at a remote plant site north of Fort McMurray in Alberta. Now I need to find a plane that doesn't need a bunch of work. Anybody got an Avid or a Kitfox with a 912 for sale?

Posted

I'm working in Kuparuk on the north slope.. I hear you on the wanting to play on the time off, not do a bunch of work!

Posted

I was searching old threads and noticed Randy's old post selling his Kitfox.  I am the guy that bought it

and happy to report it hit the air the end of Sept 2016.  About 2.5 years after I got it.  I did a complete 

rebuild and added a few options.  First a 912UL with an in flight adjustable IVO. Then speedster tail mod

and a wide body mod.  Also bubble doors so lots of room in the cabin. I am loving the way it flys and the

performance.  I put 60hrs on her the first 60 days.  Still flying her lots whenever the weather permits.

picture.thumb.jpg.697a9bc53615c3d78f30c1

2 people like this

Posted

Good end to a bad story as they say.looks great 

Posted

Nice. Wide body AND bubble doors, two thumbs up from the fat guys w00t! :BC: