Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AVID Flyer Flight Manual

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Do any of you know if AVID published a flight manual?

Posted

Do any of you know if AVID published a flight manual?

ahhh.. not really. There was a book on how to fly your kitfox, but there is no real POH for the Avid. That is basically something you will write yourself for YOUR plane during phase I testing. That is where you will determine the speeds for your plane (as shown on your airspeed indicator) etc. it would be kind of hard to write a one size fits all when the same aircraft has had 20 different engines in it, and each of those affected the speeds and climb rates, TO distance etc.

BC.gif

Posted

As examples of what a couple of other folks have done about this, I've attached copies of a self-written Avid C POH and a self-written Mk-IV Phase I Program. Good starting point that should give you a template of sorts, obviously you will add/remove/tweek/personalize info as appropriate.

N919SC Phase One Testing Notes.pdf

Model C POH.pdf

Posted

Doug, as usual, you have provided some great examples of what others have done. I am not sure I have seen anything that extensive from any of the other builders.. I am guessing these guys were engineers of some sort :lol:

At any rate, it is a great example and pretty thorough.

Myself, and I am sure many others on the forum really do appreciate the responses from you and am a little jealous of your library on the KF and Avid aircraft. I would be willing to bet that very few other guys in the world have the library you have, and if so, it is probably not as well organized as you come up with this stuff almost instantaneously.

Ok, enough ego boosting, that is the most you will ever get from me! :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

LOL, figured I might need them someday if I ever finish one of these planes! beerchug.gif

Posted

Closest thing I have found

post-40-13624621926505_thumb.jpg

post-40-13624622007848_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

LOL, figured I might need them someday if I ever finish one of these planes! beerchug.gif

Hi Doug thanks alot for the manual info, the model C with the subaru should be close to the same numbers as my fat Avid, I made a copy for refence. I got the kit fox 5 cowl fitted onto the avid and it looks pretty good, I tryed to upload a few pics but they came from my iphone and didn't like that format i guess. Hopefully sometimes this spring or early summer it will be tearing up the sky.

Edited by Marshawk

Posted

Hi all

I've been stolen the file with my Avid Flyer Mk4 flying manual. Does someone have a PDF or Word file I could customize for my Avid ?

Thanks a lot

Stéphane

Posted

Stepane WELCOME to Avid Fox Flyers!  The below link has the closest thing to a Flight Manual you will find. Be sure to check out all the information in our extensive Files and Forms area. Hope this helps! Post up an introduction and some info about your plane when you can.

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/1926-avid-flight-manuals/

Posted (edited)

When I got my Magnum builder manual, there was an insert on "Aerobatics"? for the Aerocet included - Would this be of interest to anyone? Only the computer gods know how I am supposed to put in online? :huh: I would mail a copy to someone who would do that - if it is wanted by members.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Hey Ed, do you need a spare fat fuselage?
The price is right if you want it :) minus main wheels and tail wheel oh and the seats, sorry about the inverted photo, i dont know why but my phone does that for some reason.

*Edit... I edited the post to flip the picture for ya.

post-2-0-39142400-1382312418_thumb.jpg

Edited by akflyer

Posted (edited)

Hey Ed, do you need a spare fat fuselage?

The price is right if you want it :) minus main wheels and tail wheel oh and the seats, sorry about the inverted photo, i dont know why but my phone does that for some reason.

*Edit... I edited the post to flip the picture for ya.

A few years ago and $$$ ago, I would have jumped at the chance - Got too much time and $ invested in mine - still got the Kitfox 1 fuselage which could be modified - or not. Thanks for the offer anyway - nice seats - look like my Cabellas.

Getting too old - this plane will be my last build - I hope!

To show my age - the new generation comes in showing me their "pocket internets" (phones), and I show them mine and tell them that it only makes phone calls - and no dang texting! :lol: And then I start about the kerosene lamps, battery radios, outhouses, driving mules, and they find somewhere else to go!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

How much for the fat fuselage? Is it a widened/lengthened MK IV fuselage? What would it use for mixer controls, ect?? Thanks, Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

its totally home built,..it's 48" wide at shoulders,,set up for equalized rudder,,stratched compared to a kitfox or avid..can get better measurements tomorrow,..it has no control tabs,,or wing connect points ..so some welding would be needed to finish,..the cross bars behind the seat needs to be put in too,..

price? what you see in the photo minus main gear tail wheel and seats,,come and get it :) I will help you load it:)

Edited by SkyPirate

Posted

thanks AK for flippin it for me :)

Posted (edited)

I have matco masters without reservoir ,,and the main gear that I will let go with it for $400.00

tail wheel has found a new home already

Edited by SkyPirate

Posted

sold :)