Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need help with something on the forum? Ask it here

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Have something you would like instructions for on the forum? Post them here and I will do my best to make it clear as mud for you understand. Just have a question you don't want public? Send me a Private Message by clicking on my User Name (C5Engineer) and then hit send me a message.

Posted (edited)

I am new to the forum and I have questions I would like to see if the members could answer. I am building an Avid Mark IV Heavy Hauler. Is this where I post the questions?

Jon

Edited by Jon

Posted

This is where you can ask "Where do I ask?".   :)

As you look at the forum home page (link to home page), half way down is the "Avid Flyer General Hangar".  There is a sub section titled with the misname of "Avid Model IV".  This would be a good section to post your comments and questions specifically to your "Avid Mark IV Heavy hauler" airplane.

The other sections listed on the home page have a little description to what each section is all about.

You will not ever be punished or hollered at here for posting something in the wrong place.  (Unlike some other forums….)  SO-- just post away and if something needs to be moved, it will be eventually.  Or maybe not.   :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/forum/10-avid-model-iv/

This is a link to the MK IV specific area.  You can post it in there.  Like Larry said, I / we dont holler at ya for posting to the wrong section around here, but we may horse whip ya a bit   :deadhorse:  :lol: 

:BC:

Posted

Leni or Joey, how do you copy and paste? The normal functions of control C or V don't work and neither does right click to bring up those options. There has been several times when I needed this for some reason or other and can't do it.

Same goes for adding a link in my posts. It just won't let me do it. Am I restricted or is that they way the forum is set up? When I try to add a link it just freezes the forum for me completely until I back out, and wipes out what I've written before trying to add the link.

Any suggestions?

Posted

Kenneth - this should work...  It works for me.  

I've had some weird issues with this site in the past, too.  It sounds like a problem with your computer.  Can you do a cashe dump?  Clear the internet files, cookies, etc.  Then reboot the whole thing.

Posted

I'll try that and see how it goes. I also will try different browsers to see if is there.

Posted

I have tried it on my phone and two other computers here and I'm not having issues. :dunno:

Posted (edited)

Leni, I've always had this issue and haven't ever been able to post a link or copy paste since I joined. I still need to try and see if I can get it to work in a different browser. I've been working today and didn't have a chance to check if clearing my cache would help. 

EDIT: Looks like my internet Explorer and this website just don't get along.  I tried to copy paste with this open in Chrome and no issues...carry on. I don't like Chrome for most things but I guess it's my new browser for this forum.

Edited by lostman

Posted

Firefox works the best on the micro-crap machines, IMO.

I refuse to use Google-Chrome.  To many prying eyes.

Posted

I am thinking its something that you have set in your browser preferences.  I am not having any issues with firefox, Internet exploder or safari.  Check the permissions settings in your preferences and see if something goofy is checked there.

Posted

Just as a side note, those of us still running a Windows XP machine, we are officially orphans on April 9.

Posted

How does one post pictures without creating a third party account? I tried finding the answer with search to no avail.

Posted

How does one post pictures without creating a third party account? I tried finding the answer with search to no avail.

In the bottom left corner of this box that you type in is a paperclip that says drag files here to attach or Choose Files..... Click on Choose files and simply go to where they are saved on your PC and click on the picture and it will automatically attach it to your post. We did have to impose a size limit so if they were taken from a super high resolution camera like a DSLR they may be too big to attach.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Joey, seems too simple! I'll give it a try.

Posted

my new avid mkiv built 2017, was a barn find in Nebraska in 2015. (never built) was a taildragger, converted to tricycle.

first flight October 14, 2017

Jim Miller

Ocala, Florida

untitled.png

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nice bird.  Welcome to the small nosedragger minority group on here.  I have an Avid aftermarket spring-loaded nosegear attachment for sale that you might want to consider.   Cost $1000 new - No longer made - asking $250 plus shipping.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have a 1990 Kitfox 2 with tiny wing tanks. I think they are 5 gallons .. Anyway do you have a 12 gallon tank for sale I could buy and put in? Id slosh it with caswell first.

Thanks, Mark SMith Davenport, Washington  907-378-9632

exfaa@outlook.com