Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adjustable Carbs

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I have the rotax 582 with dual bings and they have the Mike Jacober adjustable needles on them. They are installed on the carb but I am looking for options to finish them on the panel. What should I use for dials, etc. I would assume the dial must be a clicking one so the position cannot change during flight unless I make the adjustment. Can someone help me with ideas and pictures of how they finished it out. I have the AVID Heavy Hauler.

Thanks

Jeff

Posted

I have the rotax 582 with dual bings and they have the Mike Jacober adjustable needles on them. They are installed on the carb but I am looking for options to finish them on the panel. What should I use for dials, etc. I would assume the dial must be a clicking one so the position cannot change during flight unless I make the adjustment. Can someone help me with ideas and pictures of how they finished it out. I have the AVID Heavy Hauler.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

I just routed the housing and cable into my IP, then ran the cable through the panel and tightened the control knobs to the cable. One turn of the cable is one notch on the main needle. No indicators on mine.

Posted

The dials don't click. You can get them at Radio Shack. It is just a standard knob with a brass insert and set screw. The wires will slide in and out of the panel face as the carbs open and close so there is really no way you could put a fixed "clicker type" dial on them. I have one on each side of the EGT gauge so it is a very quick reference to adjust with the EGT as well as by RPM.

BC.gif