Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Interesting day at my house

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm on the road right now and I got a call from my wife yesterday who was a little upset. Guess some kids set off some dry ice bombs in front of our house at 6am. She called the cops and next thing she knew the bomb squad was there and the entire neighborhood was cordoned off. Three news crews showed up shortly afterwards and then it sounds like quite the circus ensued. Here's a link with a short video.

Bomb scare

Posted

So does it make me a bad guy if I chuckled at this? :)

Posted

So does it make me a bad guy if I chuckled at this? :)

"caused by chemical reactions" , right. Dry ice to gas co2 isn't chemical or dangerous. Called ATF? The world we live in now is too stupid to fathom.

Now mixed oxy and gas in a Mylar balloon, that will wake the neighbors and maybe even break a window if you're not careful.

:)

Guess who had a wasted youth?

Posted

Sorry Joey. I had to chuckle a little on that too... :lmao:

You gotta get out of that nutty place! Show that city girl of yours the good life up north in the country.

Posted

I was a bit concerned after talking to my wife on the phone until I read all the link she sent me and realized what was going on. I agree with you guys what a joke. She said the 5th one had totally melted by the time the bomb squad arrived. This was all over the evening news, covered by choppers, blah blah blah... Trust me Larry if it wasn't the fact I was in the military stationed there, there's no way in hell I'd be living there. It must of been a slow day for the dept.

Posted

Seriously, Joey, that probably made a pretty good scare at first look, especially you being out on "the job" so to speak. I'm glad it turned out to be mostly a non-event.

Safe flight home (soon).

Posted

Now mixed oxy and gas in a Mylar balloon, that will wake the neighbors and maybe even break a window if you're not careful.

:)

Guess who had a wasted youth?

LOL, I do not recommend doing this! I watched a buddy fill a -large- black trash bags with his torch, stuff some slow burn fuse up the kazoo and light it. We'd been making things that go boom for a long time, but I had no idea how big that bang was going to be. Concussion felt like someone slugged me, and I think my ears rang for hours. Forget the windows, buddy was lucky he didnt lose an arm or worse. Not too bright in hindsight, lotsa static electricity potential with that plastic bag. :bugeyes: